Saturday, June 4, 2011

Last weekend

Hello everyone!
A few weeks ago we watched Tangled with our good friends the Larums. Kendal and I really liked the music in it, so Kendal bought the music book. So now we're all walking around singing, "I have a Dream." He he.Kendal tried to teach me how to sing "I see the light" but it didn't work out that well. I usually can't stay in tune on my own, so I just sing what Kendal sings and it usually turns out fine. Only yesterday I was supposed to sing the lower part, and she was singing the higher part, and I kept automatically switching to the higher part. It was pretty frustrating for both of us, in a funny way. Some day I'll get it down though. :)
Last weekend I got to hold a hummingbird! It was really neat! We took pictures, but they're on Mom's computer, so I'll put them on later. We were at our friends the Pollard's house and it had become caught in the space between a widow and the blinds. It was in their garage, so I was able to stand on a toy and after a few tries I got it out. It was sorta funny, because it was sitting on the bottom part of the blinds, (which were pulled up) but when I lowered the blinds so I could get it, it flew back up! It became stuck between two pieces of the blinds though, and I was able to grab it. it was really weak, and it's heart started to slow down alot, but I was able to shove it's beak in their feeder, and it was soon strong enough to fly away! It was a really neat experience, I'm really glad we had the camera with us!
On Sunday a group of people came from Israel, where their ministry is, and after church we went to another friend's house, and had lunch with some people from church and the people that came from Israel. The people were three Waller boys, Luke Hilton, and two Hood brothers. We had a really good time, and we got a few pictures from that day.
On Monday we went to the Wilson's house for their fourth annual Memorial Day celebration.We all had a great time, and the weather was beautiful! They had a dunking booth, a volleyball tournament, three legged races, stilts races, a pie competition,a lumber jack competition, and tug-of-war! For the tug-of-war, they had three categories, little children, young adults, and middle aged men. Us girls won the tug-of-war against the boys in the young adult category. I was really surprised us girls won, since I thought for sure we were going to lose. It was really fun! A little while later I watched Maddie and Hannah milk the goats, and then I helped walk them to their pen. Or rather, they walked me to their pen! ;)  Then I watched Hannah and Maddie milk the cows, and I was their "interviewer" again. :) After that we went back home. We took pictures from that occasion also, so I'll post them with the others, but if you want to see some now, you can go here.Katie Wilson's blog
I hope all of you are doing well!
Kelsey

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post Kelsey! Sounds like a lot of fun. :-)
Haha, did you try to get your dad to sing Flynn's part instead?

(yes, you can publish this comment)

Butler Family Member said...

No, we didn't, haha! That wouldn't have worked out any better, maybe worse. His talents aren't exactly in musical ability. his other ones make up for it, though. ~Kelsey