Monday, December 3, 2012

A first time for everything... (by Kendal)

 
 Y'all should be proud of me... or sorely disappointed, I'm not sure which. You see, I made it nearly 19 years without coloring my hair. Ok, so I have bleached it in the past, but I had left actual dye untouched until today. You see, I had a weird horizontal stripe thing going... the remains of winter/summer/Sun-In, plus darkish roots... eek. An illustration:
Pardon my odd expression...and the fact that my hair needed to be washed...
Anyway, I was rather over it, so I made my way to Target, and took a couple sisters along for moral support. Unfortunately, Target's computer thingy that helps one choose the right hair color was out of order, so that left three completely inexperience hair-colorers staring at a whole wall of options. Double eek!
Since I had no idea what I was doing, I decided to go for semi-permanent, which largely narrowed my options. I opted for this:
In this photo, it looks incredibly like the color of my reddish/blondish/brownish hair, but I assure you, it is more of a cool medium blond in person. It seemed like a safe option: somewhere between the lightest and darkest shades of my hair, without the red. (I personally liked the reddish tint, but it wasn't really working for me.)
 
So, a mere 20 minutes after applying the stuff, this was the result!
 
I think it's much better. It turned out slightly darker than the picture on the box, but nearly anything would have been an improvement over the original mess! And, it was super easy and inexpensive. ($7 as opposed to $45+ at a salon...) I'm pleased! I may try the next lighter shade after this washes out, just to see which one I like better. This is supposed to last for 28 washes, but since I don't actually use shampoo (more on that latter) it may last longer. What do y'all think?
 
-Kendal

2 comments:

Traveling the Narrow Road said...

I like it. It blends nicely. Can't wait to see it in person though. :)

-Morgan

Butler Family Member said...

Thanks, Morgan!