Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Operation Easter Dress pt. 2 (by Kendal)



To celebrate gaining three semesters of college credits (I passed my last CLEP for that semester last night!) I decided not to even think about clep tests today, and do "just exactly what I like, the whole day long" (Roman Holiday).  :) I spent most of my free time this morning recoloring my hair, which turned out nicely, and after lunch I decided to finally start on my dress for Easter Sunday. I really hadn't done anything with it besides think about how to put it together, but today I started the actual measuring and calculating. This is a pic of the paper I was writing everything on, it's just sideways.:)
 
After getting some basic calculations for different pieces of the dress down, I decided to cut out the skirt portion of the dress, since that will take up the most fabric. I'll then be able to see exactly what I have to work with for the top. After a lot of measuring, math, cutting, trimming, more measuring, and more trimming (chiffon is SO hard to work with) I finally finished cutting out the chiffon for the skirt. It's a half circle, and should be just above ankle length when it's hemmed. The lining for the skirt portion was easier to do- it's an A-line, and is mid-calf length. When everything was cut and trimmed, I ironed everything, sewed the two lining pieces together, and basted the lining to the chiffon at the waist. It looks promising! I'm just holding it on in these pictures- the side seam won't be sewn together until it's attached to the top and I put the side zipper in.
Side view:
 
Front view:
 
It flows so nicely. :) I can't wait to start on the top and attach the two!
 
-Kendal

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking beautiful! Keep up the good work! :)

-Morgan