Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Worn by Tenth Avenue North (by Kendal)

 
Kelsey and I made this video today of me singing Tenth Avenue North's song "Worn". We decided to play around with "mixing", and added audio of me playing the guitar afterwards. Kelsey patiently filmed it for me. The quality of our camera microphone was an irritation- it makes the audio harsh and wobbly (on all but the softest notes it sounds sharp, and like I'm singing from my head)  but we enjoyed playing around with Windows Movie Maker. We think it might help to tape part of a cotton ball over the microphone... maybe we'll try it sometime. (Kelsey is reminding me that she is getting a nice camera with video soon, so we won't have to deal with that in the future) My singing is definitely not the greatest anyway- I was trying really hard not to mess up on the piano, as all I had to work from was the chords, so we just filmed it and hoped for the best. :) Let us know what you think (even if you hate it. :) )!
 

4 comments:

Elizabeth Rush said...

Kendal, You sing and play beautifully! Elizabeth

Rachel said...

That was beautiful Kendal! I really enjoyed it. :)
~Rachel

Sarah said...

Great job Kendal! I love that piano part! :)

Butler Family Member said...

Thanks, girls! Hopefully we'll figure out how to fix the audio problem and make some better videos in the future. :)-Kendal