Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tomorrow is my birthday! By Kelsey

Tomorrow is my birthday, but since yesterday was Saturday, we celebrated it then. I had asked if I could have my ears pierced, so I did that yesterday. It only hurt a tiny bit. I told Kendal it was like getting a shot, only you end up with earrings! Since we were in the mall we looked around and while Mama fed Joshua I looked in a jewelery store. I think my very favorite jem is the opal. I think it is neat how it sparkles in different colors. The rarest kind and therefore most expensive kind is a fire opal, which is mostly black with darker colors inside. But I think the prettiest kind are the ones that are mostly white with pastel colors inside.
After that we went to a shoe store and I got a pair of sandals that I can wear this fall and next summer. We then went to a few different thrift stores and came home.
For dinner we went out to Carraba's with some dear friends, Erin Pollard and Mr. and Mrs. Pollard. http://erinpollard.blogspot.com/ This is Erin's blog. We had a really good time, and it was especially nice for me since I rarely get to go out for dinner and have never been with a friend. Thank you for babysitting Kendal! They got a phone call while out and discovered that a family member had fallen and broken a hip, arm and dislocated her shoulder. So if y'all would remember to pray for her I'm sure that would be a blessing to them. Well I hope you have a wonderful week! ~Kelsey

3 comments:

Erin Spencer said...

Happy birthday Kelsey!!! We had so much fun last night. Thanks for inviting us.

Love you!
~Erin

Abigail said...

Aw, I'm sorry I'm several days late, but- HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELSEY!!!! :) Oo... earrings... I think they look pretty on other people, but I personally can't get past thinking about earrings as "a hole in my ear." :D

Morgan said...

Happy belated birthday Kelsey! It sounds like you had a lovely time!