Monday, January 16, 2012

The finished results

Isn't it pretty? I was very pleased with the results! Mom and Kendal did the white decorating, Kendal smoothed out the frosting once I put it on, I baked the cake, and made the icing. We're a good cake making team.  Mom bought some edible gold dust and I decided to add it to the leaves. It was a nice addition, I think.



Speaking of additions, we have a new addition to our family! It's too early to know if it's a boy or girl yet, but I think it's a boy...

















It's a parakeet! We got it for Dad's birthday, on the third day of Christmas. (Dec. 27th) We  had originally named it "Mack,"after Mack Powell. Mack Powell is the band leader of "Third Day," a Christian band we like.Then we decided to name him "Woodstock" from the Peanuts cartoons.
Most of the time I forget and call him Mack, though. :)




Doesn't he have funny little chicken feet? They almost look like dragon feet up close.
Isn't he cute? He is quite tame, and enjoys riding around on our shoulders. The only problem is that he is so tame, he isn't afraid of anything. That includes walking around on the floor upstairs. He likes to pick up the loose hay from the guinea pigs from the floor, and the only way to get him off of it is to pick him up like a chicken. He doesn't really seem to mind though, and the only thing he does is make funny squeaky noises. ;)
Have a good week,
Kelsey
This is also my fiftieth post!

3 comments:

Abigail said...

AWWWW you got a budgie!!!!! He looks just like my first bird, "Sky Blue," (very original), but that got altered to "Boo-boo." :D They are little poopy machines but so much fun! I look forward to more posts about Mack/Woodstock. :)

Sarah said...

Wow! The cake is great, Kelsey. :) And the bird sounds like lots of fun, too!
~Sarah

♥Katie said...

Aww, cute bird!! And the cake looks AWESOME!!!