Monday, January 16, 2012

Today

Today I have lots of things to do.
That is actually quite unusual for a Saturday, because we mostly just hang out and play games.
Tomorrow, though, we have a family coming over for  lunch, so I'm making the food today.
I was in the process of making a chocolate cake, but found out we didn't have enough eggs, (I need twelve, and only had four) so the process was paused for a while.
Mom and I have gotten into making and decorating cakes recently.
I usually use the same recipe, and then we go online and look for photos of decorated cakes.
We just use whatever photo we like as a guide, and it's worked quite well. Mom is a very good cake decorator! I'll post some pics soon of the cakes we've made.
Our grandmother is getting remarried in the late spring this year, and  she asked Mom and I to make her cake! I'm very excited, and have a few designs picked out already.
I really like what I guess you would call "stylish" cake designs. Wilton has some nice techniques, which are good to use, and they have nice flowers that are good to. But I don't really like their cakes as a whole. I like a little more "modern" designs, while theirs are a little more "old fashioned."
It might just be that I've watched too many cake competitions on the Food Network. :)
This is the cake we are using as a guide for the cake tomorrow.
I'm going to make mine round, though, and with a brown background and white leaves.
I hope y'all have a blessed week!
Kelsey

No comments: