Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pictures of Cakes We've Made

I made this cake for the three little girl's birthday party this year.
It was the first time I used fondant, and it was definitely an experience. :) It was not a  good recipe, and so it was very hard to handle.
It was something like 2 pounds confectioner's sugar, 1/2 cup shortening, 1/2 cup corn syrup.
It melted really easily, and it didn't hold it's weight well. We  tried to put a purple fondant bow on it, but it ended up looking like a purple octopus(The plan was to make it look like a present). That's why the icing isn't as smooth in the middle, because when we took it off, it left a mark.

We made this cake for a friend at church who has a Thirty One business. She gave us a picture of the winter logo, and that's what we used as a guide.
This is probably one of my favorite cakes we've made.

I baked this cake, and rough iced the brown on. Dad, Kendal and I went to a party that night, so Mom decorated it based on a picture we pulled off the Internet.She stayed up fairly late working on it,and did a fabulous job. It was for the birthday of one of my friends.



This was a cake I made for a little girl, to whose family we were taking a meal that afternoon. It was spur of the moment, and I used some leftover purple fondant from the little girls' birthday party. I think it turned out really cute.


I made this cake for a birthday party for Gavin Larum, Katie Larum, and myself. I was actually going to put chocolate curls on the entire cake, but I didn't have time, so I just put it on the top.


Today I'm going to meet with a lady who does cake decorating, and she is going to give me some tips for using fondant, and how to actually construct a three tiered wedding cake.
Hope you enjoyed the photos!
~Kelsey

1 comment:

Maddie said...

wow all these are so cool!